Men involved in sports seem to suffer more injuries than their couch-potato peers. While everyone can use a day of sofa lounging, staying active and playing sports keeps you strong and healthy. Except when the unexpected occurs and you get injured. Fortunately, you’ve found a sports medicine doctor with a wide range of tools.
- Are you wondering if a sports medicine physician can offer anything but surgical interventions? You’ve discovered a New York City center for sports medicine that offers integrative solutions for your sports injuries. Blending leading-edge medicine and natural solutions, ReBalance provides long-term solutions to keep you at your peak.
- Do you push yourself to do one more lap, play one more round or get in one more set? You know you should show down when even your personal trainer spouts words of caution. If you get hurt, you need the attention of experts at our sports medicine practice.
Have you had your fill of painful orthopedic sports medicine procedures with long recovery times? Are you ready to visit a sports medicine clinic designed specifically for active men looking to stay in the game? Join the ReBalance 360 program today.
It’s a Pain
The pain of sports injuries puts you in line for a trip to a center for sports medicine in NYC. Searing pain that runs through your arm or down to your lower back makes it impossible to continue with your sport, even if your sport is professional dance. Don’t push yourself through the pain; you’ll only make it worse.
It’s natural to want to get back in the game as quickly as possible. Instead, think of your long-term health. Some of the more common injuries that require a visit to a sports medicine clinic include:
- Back pain, often due to stress from lifting weights or from poor posture
- Chronic hip pain, experienced by long-time runners
- Knee pain, which your sports medicine physician treats in injured athletes
- Neck pain, also common among weight trainers
- Elbow pain, which may be a symptom of tennis elbow
Athletes at Risk
Orthopedic sports medicine involves treating sports injuries, usually to bones, tendons, ligaments or muscles. At ReBalance, you’re given a host of tests and the treatment you need to get back to your activities as soon as possible. We know you want relief from the pain and guidance so that you won’t get injured again.
Once you’ve been injured, you may become reluctant to play again because you’re at a greater risk of getting another sports-related injury. Chronic knee pain keeps you from playing basketball, and shoulder pain keeps you from throwing a baseball. Visit your center for sports medicine to get injury-prevention tips. After you’ve undergone treatment, there’s no reason you can’t continue to enjoy the sports you love.
Natural Treatment Options
Perhaps you’re reluctant to seek help from an orthopedic sports medicine practitioner because you think the only option they offer is surgery. You should know by now that’s not true. ReBalance offers treatment based on the latest research, combined with natural solutions that have proven to work. You don’t have to hesitate.
In the ReBalance 360 program, you have access to a sports medicine doctor who offers some of the most cutting-edge technology and natural healing options in NYC, including:
- Shockwave therapy. Shockwave therapy treats both acute and chronic disorders of your muscles and ligaments. The procedure is exceptional for relieving pain from muscle strains, which allows a quicker recovery period than many other modalities.
- Laser therapy. You get both pain relief and deep tissue stimulation with lasers. The treatments are virtually pain-free and can be used successfully to treat larger areas. We offer an array of different lasers that provide varying penetration depths as needed.
- Functional fitness. This program is designed to teach you how to prevent injuries before they happen. You’ll work with trained physical therapists and trainers to assess your overall flexibility, balance and mobility. The sports medicine clinic then provides you with a snapshot of your injury potential as well as an individualized plan for exercise, rehabilitation (if necessary) and corrective steps to incorporate in your routines.
Depending on your needs and injuries, you may be exposed to other sports medicine clinic procedures. Tell your doctor how much pain you’re experiencing and how long you’ve had the injury. Your sports medicine physician may recommend:
- PRP joint and soft tissue injections
- Stem cell therapy
- Chiropractic treatment
- Trigger point dry needling
- Massage therapy