Specialized Weight Loss Supplements for Men
Are you overweight? Whether it’s due to an eating disorder, a lack of exercise or an underlying medical condition, carrying extra weight is a health risk. If you’re obese, you’re more susceptible to diabetes, sleep apnea and heart conditions. Don’t wait until you experience the onset of medical problems! Weight loss supplements for men from ReBalance in New York City can revitalize your life.
- Are you experiencing any of the early signs of diabetes? That’s a serious motivating factor for you to lose weight. Your doctor may recommend supplements combined with weight loss workouts for men. Find out how functional fitness matches your fitness level.
- Did you realize that gaining weight lowers your sex drive? Weight loss for men becomes especially meaningful when it can result in an increased libido. Improve your quality of life by losing weight. Learn which weight loss supplements for men can get you to your goals.
- Sleep apnea affects your waking life and your relationships. But you can overcome sleep apnea without devices or medications when you take weight loss supplements for men. Losing weight dramatically decreases your sleep apnea symptoms. Visit ReBalance for a consultation today!
Obesity Carries Health Risks
With such easy access to foods and drinks that offer no nutritional value, too often men face the side effects of unwanted weight gain. Couple this with occupations that are largely sedentary and come with high stress, and you’ve got a health hazard waiting to happen. Men are particularly vulnerable to health problems due to weight.
Obesity is a major problem facing men in the U.S., according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Roughly two-thirds of Americans qualify as overweight, while one-third fall into the obese category. With new information uncovered about weight loss and its causes, there are several consequences to being overweight, such as:
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Insulin resistance
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Higher cholesterol
- Lowered sex drive
- Sleep apnea
The Reasons Weight Loss for Men Is Challenging
Once thought to be a matter of willpower, recent research has shown weight loss for men is more complex than that. Weight loss for men can be difficult to achieve, given the potential for setbacks. To lose weight, you can’t just choose to eat less without medical supervision. If you eat foods with low to no nutritional value, you can actually hurt yourself, especially if you do weight loss workouts for men.
Other causes that hinder weight loss for men include:
- Genetics. Your genetic makeup plays a role in helping or hurting your weight loss goals. If obesity runs in your family, you’ll likely have a harder time keeping weight off, as your genes are predisposed to holding onto that extra weight. Other factors, such as your lifestyle and food choices, are equally important.
- Leptin resistance. Leptin is a hormone that sends a signal letting you know that you’ve consumed enough food and should stop eating. When this hormone isn’t functioning properly, it doesn’t send the appropriate signal. It also limits your ability to burn calories at a regular rate.
- Insulin levels. Insulin is a hormone produced by your pancreas that permits your body’s use of sugar from the carbohydrates you ingest. Your body then transforms those carbohydrates into energy for future use.
- Medications. There are many medications that hinder weight loss for men. Antidepressants — such as Paxil, Prozac and Zoloft — increase your appetite for carbohydrates. Blood pressure and migraine prevention medications cause weight gain because they slow your metabolism.
- Thyroid. If the other hormones don’t apply to you, the culprit is likely your thyroid. The thyroid gland controls your metabolism. If it’s underperforming, it slows your metabolism, causing weight gain.
Fat Burning Supplements
It’s easy to feel discouraged, given the number of things working against you. But there are numerous weight loss supplements for men available through your nutrition consultant at ReBalance. These supplements help restore your body’s hormones to their proper levels, helping you realize your weight loss goals.
The length of time to take these supplements depends on your weight loss goals. The basic functions of weight loss supplements for men are to reduce your appetite, limit your fat absorption and increase your ability to burn fat. Your doctor may recommend them, along with a weight loss workout for men regimen. Supplement options include:
- Garcinia cambogia extract. This supplement stops a fat-producing enzyme in your body, while elevating your serotonin levels, which may reduce your food cravings. Side effects include mild digestive problems.
- Hydroxycut. This is one of the most popular weight loss supplements for men in the world. It’s comprised of many ingredients, including caffeine, to aid weight loss. In one study, Hydroxycut caused a 21-pound loss in three months. Side effects include anxiety, jitters, tremors, irritability, diarrhea and nausea.
- Green tea extract. It’s believed that this supplement increases the hormone norepinephrine in your body, helping you burn fat. Your body handles this supplement well, but side effects include a minor reaction if you’re caffeine sensitive.