Shoulder Pain Treatment NYC
When you’re troubled by pain in shoulder blade or your joint, it can make your life miserable. If the shoulder that hurts is your dominant arm, you suddenly find yourself limited in your sports activities, your dance moves, your music playing and even in your daily routines. Don’t let pain stop you from living life to the fullest. Get treated so you can get back doing what makes you happiest.
- Rarely do you have shoulder pain in both shoulders, but even pain in one is too much. Because so many afflictions can harm your shoulder joint, come into ReBalance in New York City for an examination and an accurate diagnosis. Find out what’s ailing you today.
- A pulled muscle or tendonitis causes pain when you move your shoulder, but they’re easily remedied. A torn rotator cuff, though, takes a more aggressive procedure. Your treatment at ReBalance always fits your needs. Get the best shoulder pain treatment in NYC.
- If you’ve been hurting for three months or more, you have chronic shoulder pain, which may require a lengthier rehabilitation. Pain that’s been with you longer takes longer to treat. Get started today at our NY pain treatment center to relieve your pain!
A Common and Painful Condition
Shoulder pain — any pain in shoulder or upper arm area — affects your whole upper body. If you’re like most people, when you’re in pain, you tend to freeze. If the pain radiates through your neck, upper back and arms, you may move very slowly to minimize the pain. That means you’re not fully engaging an active lifestyle.
Cases of shoulder blade pain and upper body pain have increased on an alarming scale over the past few decades. The stress and pressure placed on your upper body from computer use, sports and playing an instrument are immense. Besides the shoulder blade pain, other symptoms you notice most include:
- Pain in your hands or arms
- Upper back pain
- Discomfort and muscle spasms in your neck
- Numbness or tingling sensations
- Loss of strength
Rhyme and Reason
Your pain may be caused by simple shoulder tendonitis or more serious arthritis. Shoulder injuries, such as sports injuries, can be caused by several factors, including poor preparation. A shoulder sprain/strain is a common injury.
Shoulder injuries can happen at any time or occur over time. Pain in shoulder muscles needs to be treated, as it rarely just disappears on its own. Some of the more common reasons for your shoulder pain or shoulder blade pain include:
- Rotator cuff injury or rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder tendonitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder bursitis
- Radial styloid
- Shoulder arthritis
- Bicep tendonitis
- Elbow pain
- Ganglion cyst
- Other arm and hand pain
Shoulder Pain Treatment Should Never Wait
At ReBalance, we treat you as a whole person in an integrative approach. If your shoulder hurts, it likely affects other parts of your body and other aspects of your life. Relieving your pain is only one step. We examine the underlying factors that contribute to your pain, such as bad posture and upper body strain.
Even a shoulder sprain/strain can significantly impact your quality of life. Chronic pain from a tendonitis shoulder and bicep tendonitis can hamper you for the rest of your life. Without proper treatment, conditions like shoulder tendonitis can get much worse over time. Tendonitis shoulder should never remain untreated.
Shoulder bursitis, another chronic condition requires specific shoulder bursitis treatment. A rotator cuff injury or a rotator cuff tear has the potential to put you out of commission for a long while. If left untreated, it can lead to chronic pain. Even after you treat a rotator cuff injury, your recovery time can last months.
Make Positive, Preventive Changes
Pain can worsen and lead to other conditions if you don’t seek proper medical attention and make necessary lifestyle changes. For example, if you work at a desk:
- Get a new office chair to provide appropriate back support
- Pay better attention to your posture, especially when seated at a desk for long periods
- Stand or stretch every 20 to 30 minutes
- Maintain proper elbow support
- Keep the top of your monitor at eye level
Whether you need shoulder pain treatment or shoulder bursitis treatment, come to ReBalance for an evaluation and full-body treatments. We work with you to relieve your pain and treat its cause. Many treatment options are available, including natural remedies.