It may seem obvious that poor nutrition and bad eating habits lead to being overweight and obese. Very few men will tell you that a steady diet of fast food and sugary snacks is healthy. But there’s actually a wide range of illnesses, diseases and uncomfortable symptoms that are directly related to your nutrition. How you treat your body and mind every day determines your future health.
- When different kinds of illnesses and conditions seem to hit you every time you turn around, it may be because you have some nutritional deficiencies. Colds, the flu and aching joints aren’t always due to age, exposure to germs or overexertion. Your illnesses may be due to your diet. Get a total body assessment to find out.
- Are you beginning to experience confusion and other mental deficiencies? Are you worried about what getting older is doing to your mind and body? Alleviate those concerns with a change in your diet or an infusion of life-supporting vitamins.
- Having trouble living up to your reputation in the bedroom? Instead of resorting to pills or other stimuli to help with your amorous performance, you may be better off just changing your diet. Talk to a medical specialist who knows how to treat sexual dysfunctions naturally.
What’s Wrong with Me?
It sometimes seems as if there’s a new dietary scare in the news every other week. At the same time, food trends and breakthrough diets appear just as rapidly. As a man in New York City, you can count on these medical facts:
- Good nutrition never goes out of style.
- Your health rests on your food choices, every day.
- Many of your ailments are directly related to your diet.
Some of the most common diet-related complaints that your doctor at ReBalance hear from men include:
- Trouble sleeping
- Poor sexual desire or performance
- Lack of energy
- Forgetfulness and mental decline
- Irritability and anxiety
- General malaise and lack of interest in life
Why Can’t I Lose Weight?
One of the most common concerns among men is a growing midsection. The loss of your six-pack abs — or just your slender profile — can be disconcerting. You may exercise half-heartedly, if at all. You may enjoy the rich and diverse foodie culture of New York City. But those habits may be killing you. In addition to affecting your appearance and your self-esteem, being obese or overweight leads to a host of physical and mental complications, such as:
- Stroke and heart attack
- Back pain
- Chronic knee pain
- Sexual dysfunction
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Excessive sweating
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sleep apnea
- Respiratory problems
- Guilt and embarrassment
Diagnosis for the Healthy Man
You may think the scale is the only harbinger of doom, but you’re mistaken. Your body mass index (BMI) is just as important as your weight for determining obesity. And even if you’re at your normal weight, you still may have nutritional deficits affecting your health! You need to change the way you eat before the hidden problems become deadly.
In addition to a comprehensive nutritional evaluation, you may need more tests. Your medical history and simple blood tests may not be enough. To reach a conclusive diagnosis, your integrative doctor may recommend:
- A complete physical
- Hormone tests
- Genetic tests
- Mental acuity tests
- Examination of your exercise regimen
Your Ultimate Health Prescription
Whether you’ve overweight or just not feeling as well as you have in the past, consider joining the ReBalance 360 program in NYC. In this total mind-and-body health program, you’re treated holistically. Once your doctor discovers the root of your discomfort, you get a nutritional plan to either fix what ails you or set you on a path of recovery to more energy and your ultimate mental and physical health.
Some of the options and recommendations from the team at ReBalance include:
- A detox diet to cleanse your body of unwanted toxins
- Nutritional supplements to bring additional value to a healthy eating plan
- A low-calorie eating plan
- Medical assistance for weight loss
- Infusion of needed vitamins
- Chelation treatment to remove heavy metals from your blood
- Replacing missing nutrients that may have caused your lack of energy and how easily you pick up germs and other illnesses
- A mass infusion of vitamins and minerals
- Plastic surgery to tighten your skin after huge weight loss success
- Exercise plan to complement your new diet and healthy nutritional lifestyle