Regardless of the cause of your neck pain, your quality of life is on the line. Your pain may start as a mild ache, but it can become severe, which then affects your day-to-day life. Your pain may be stationary or, if it’s the result of a pinched nerve in neck, it actually can radiate to your shoulders or travel down your arms and back, causing even more discomfort.
- Are you wondering how to relieve neck pain without having to undergo surgery? Do you want to avoid all the associated complications and long recovery time of surgery? ReBalance in New York City offers men several non-surgical methods of neck pain treatment. Find the one that will work for you!
- Have you had a neck injury, and now you’re worried about lingering consequences? Does just the thought of living with chronic neck pain give you a headache? Find the best neck pain relief at ReBalance. We understand the mechanics involved in neck pain treatment and offer a wealth of options.
- Is a pinched nerve in neck keeping you from enjoying your regular activities? Are you losing out on precious playing time because of a sports injury to your neck? Stop worrying and find help now at ReBalance.
A Heavy Load to Bear
It’s hard to believe, but a normal human head weighs between 11 and 15 pounds. You carry this load with you every waking moment of your day, balanced on top of your neck. Imagine the amount of stress this puts on all of the intricate components of your neck. That doesn’t even begin to account for the constant movement and repositioning you do all day.
Holding your head at a 15-degree angle, which is normal, means your neck has to support nearly 27 pounds. If you have a flexion in your neck and carry your head closer to 60 degrees, the weight your neck has to support jumps to an astounding 60 pounds. Not surprisingly, 60 degrees is typical of a person using a smart phone or tablet.
Chronic Neck Pain Sources Vary
Never forget that neck pain relief is achievable. Although neck injury is among the leading causes of disability and chronic neck pain, you have options for neck pain treatment. Your pain can stem from a variety of causes, including:
- Car accident
- Structural deformities
- Pinched nerve in neck
- Persistent stress
- Incorrect posture
- Overuse of computers and smart devices
- Repetitive motion
Several studies agree: 10 to 15 percent of all men suffer from neck pain at some point in their lifetimes. Neck pain may also be accompanied by:
- Shoulder pain
- Pain in your arms
- Numbness and tingling
- Diminished strength in your arms
- Radiating back pain
Don’t Wait Another Day
When you’re wondering how to relieve neck pain and you’re ready for noticeable neck pain relief, then it’s time to take action. Visit ReBalance in NYC for a thorough diagnosis and effective treatment that doesn’t include surgery. Listen to what your body is trying to tell you, though, and contact emergency medical assistance immediately in cases when your neck pain:
- Gets progressively worse over the course of hours and days
- Causes you to feel nauseous
- Produces a headache that keeps getting worse
- Is the result of a fall or injury to your neck
Even something as small as a pinched nerve in neck has the potential to put you out of commission. If your level of pain isn’t too bad, you can try some at-home self-care first. These methods include:
- Alternating ice and heat
- Over-the-counter pain medication
- Reduction of physical activity
Custom Solutions for Your Neck Pain
If you can’t ease your neck pain by self-care methods, don’t wait longer than a few days before seeking professional care. With the help of qualified medical professionals, you can overcome your pain, find the cause and address it directly.
The entire medical team at ReBalance is ready to help you achieve relief from your pain. Our combination of medical and holistic treatments is much less invasive than traditional and outdated neck pain treatment methods. The procedures are all done in the office, and we keep your downtime to an absolute minimum.
Diagnosing the sources and reasons for your discomfort is the first step. Following your initial examination, your doctor or pain management specialist develops a personal plan of care that’s custom-fit to your needs and lifestyle. You can avoid surgery with many of the regenerative joint procedures we offer. Treatment options include:
- Platelet rich plasma injections
- Stem cell treatments
- Posture training
- Chiropractic care
- Therapeutic massage