Laser Hair Removal NYC
Does your excess hair get in your way when competing or performing? Did you inherit your father’s nose and ear hair? If you’re done fighting the battle to stay groomed or sleek, then the answer may be laser hair removal. While not permanent, the results last a long time. You can find laser hair removal services in New York City at ReBalance aesthetic clinic.
- Are you tired of shaving? Do you worry about nicking your skin shaving hard-to-reach spots? Shaving can be time-consuming. It can be difficult or impossible to shave your back effectively. Yet you like the look and the feeling of smooth skin. Discover the benefits of laser hair removal.
- Medical-grade lasers have been adopted for more and more procedures, from healing treatments to tattoo removal. Laser procedures are completely safe and relatively painless. Come in for a laser hair removal evaluation today!
- Laser hair removal is the easiest, longest-lasting method for removing unwanted hair. After you’ve tried the other ways to get the look you want, you’re ready for the laser treatment. Why wait? Get rid of hair with the latest technology! Schedule your session today at ReBalance in NYC.
The Need for Removing Hair
During the 20th century, mostly male athletes — swimmers, cyclists, bodybuilders or runners — wanted hair removal to enhance their performances. Today, many men choose smooth skin or at least, a reduced amount of hair. After all, most of American culture dictates that only a certain amount of hair in certain places is attractive. Many public careers, therefore, benefit from a more groomed appearance.
You may want the hair on your back, chest, arms or shoulders thinned or removed completely. Other common areas of hair removal include the back of your neck, around your ears and between your eyebrows. For cleanliness, hygiene or at a partner’s request, some men choose to reduce or remove hair around their genitals.
Methods of Hair Removal
There are several ways to remove hair. Discuss your goals with your ReBalance specialist to determine which is best for you. Past methods include:
- Shaving. Shaving with a razor is the most common method of hair removal. Although most often used for your face and head, shaving is an effective short-term solution for hair on your back, legs, buttocks and shoulders as well. It’s not recommended near your genitals. The results last only a few days.
- Cream hair removers and depilatories. Chemicals suspended in creams or gel attack the hair proteins, dissolving them and causing the hair to loosen and fall out. With results lasting up to several weeks, depilatories work best for hair removal on your back, chest, arms and legs. Many men find the chemicals too harsh for their face or genitals.
- Waxing. Advances in soy waxes make this method advantageous. Using specially prepared cloths layered on top of the wax, your hair is quickly pulled out. Use of local anesthesia helps alleviate pain. Waxing is a good option for ears, necks, legs, underarms and arms. It lasts several weeks.
- Electrolysis. While this method produces permanent hair removal, it’s also the most time-consuming process. An ultra-slim needle penetrates each hair shaft and sends a tiny shock to the follicle, killing the cells that make hair. The hair doesn’t grow back. Because electric shock is involved, you may not want to use this method on your genitals.
The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Using laser light energy to penetrate the hair shaft and kill the root enjoys the benefits of other methods without the drawbacks. Laser hair removal takes much less time and far fewer treatments than electrolysis, without the discomfort of the electricity. Other benefits include:
- Effective for thinning as well as removing hair
- Perfect for your back, stomach, chest, shoulders and genitals
- Often permanent with only occasional touch-ups needed
- Lighter-skinned men with dark hair see the best results
- Special lasers for very dark skin are available
- Good control for shaping or precision grooming
- Most suitable method for large areas of hair thinning or removal
- Great for those who dislike shaving on a daily basis
- Eliminating skin irritation from shaving, creams or waxes or for those who battle folliculitis or inflamed hair follicles after shaving
- High marks for effectiveness, safety and satisfaction
- Treats and prevents ingrown hairs
The Laser Hair Removal Procedure
Your ReBalance specialist delivers an intense, concentrated beam of laser light energy that your skin absorbs. The laser targets the melanin in your hair follicles. The targeted cells absorb the light and convert it to heat, ensuring the safety of surrounding tissue.
You wear safety goggles to protect your eyes from the laser. During your procedure, you may feel a slight sting in the area being treated, as if you snapped an elastic band against your skin.
Although somewhat determined by your DNA and the amount of melanin in your hair, laser hair removal has proven to provide continuous and effective treatment for thinning excessive hair or removing it completely. Discuss maintenance and alternative laser treatments with your ReBalance specialist to know what to expect as you strive to reach your aesthetic goals.