Knee Pain Treatment NYC
If you experience knee pain from knee injuries or arthritis, you know that the discomfort can keep you from enjoying your life. When you visit ReBalance in Brooklyn, you’ll meet other men who have eliminated or greatly reduced their knee pain through a unique program called ReBalance 360, a total health program for your body and mind!
- You don’t necessarily need to stop your activity, but you may need to find a new way to do it. Don’t let patellar tendonitis, tendonitis knee problems or iliotibial band syndrome keep you from your plans. Join the ReBalance 360 program for targeted fitness.
- Did you get a swollen knee, meniscus tear or sprained knee from playing your favorite sport too hard? Have you been running flat-out to train for a big race and realize you’ve developed patellofemoral pain? There are many causes of knee injuries; learn which treatment may be right for you.
- Turn to safe, natural treatments at ReBalance in Brooklyn, where we treat your pain at its source. Get specific treatment for your knee pain and guidance to prevent future injuries. Imagine living the rest of your life without pain. Schedule a consultation today!
Painful Symptoms from Knee Pain
Along with the sensation of shooting pain or a dull ache in one or both knees, you may experience other symptoms, depending on the cause of your pain. If you have a meniscus tear, sprained knee or tendonitis knee problems, you also may notice:
- Popping noises
- Crunching sounds
- Difficulty walking
- An inability to straighten your knee
Knee injuries from sports, dancing or strenuous work can lead to patellar tendonitis, an injury to the tendon that holds your kneecap in place, or iliotibial band syndrome, a condition where a ligament rubs against your thigh bone. A car accident, fall from a high place or turn of your ankle while running or playing sports means knee pain may follow. Don’t wait; if you suffer an injury near your knee, have it checked. If left untreated, it may become chronic knee pain.
Causes of Knee Discomfort and Pain
Pain in your knee may come over you gradually or all of a sudden. Several common causes for knee pain includes:
- Knee arthritis. Joints, including your knee joint, can be affected by different types of arthritis, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, septic arthritis and pseudo-gout.
- Knee injuries. Knee injuries can affect different parts of your knee, including the tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bones. Some common knee injuries include fractures, patellar tendonitis, patellofemoral pain, swollen knee issues and meniscus tears.
- Mechanical problems. Knee pain can be triggered by mechanical problems such as iliotibial band syndrome, foot pain, hip pain, dislocating your kneecap and chronic lower back issues that cause you to adjust your gait.
Other causes of knee pain include:
- Tendonitis knee injury
- Meniscal tear
- Sprained knee
- Jumper’s knee, another name for patellar tendonitis
- Runner’s knee, which is patellofemoral pain
- Bursitis of the knee
- Degenerative arthritis
- Cruciate ligament injuries
- Torn lateral or medial collateral ligament
Increased Risk Factors for Knee Problems
Certain factors increase your risk of having knee problems and pain. These factors include:
- Carrying excess weight. Being overweight or obese puts increased strain on your knees. As a result, they’re more vulnerable to injury and at a higher risk of wearing out.
- Participating in certain sports — such as basketball, tennis, football or skiing — can increase the risk of knee injuries.
- Weak muscles. When the muscles surrounding your knees are weak, your knees have less support and are more vulnerable to injury.
- Previous injuries. Repeatedly injuring your knee causes pain and can create a cycle of recurring injury.
Despite your risk factors, you can learn exercises that strengthen your knees and prevent future injury. When you join the ReBalance 360 program, you get targeted exercises and so much more.
Treatment of Pain in the Knee
ReBalance has leading-edge equipment for the treatment of knee pain. Our doctors are experienced with the treatment of knee injuries. They’ve treated many cases of swollen knee, sprained knee, meniscus tear and tendonitis knee pain. The treatment of your knee pain depends on the cause. Some integrative healing options for treating your pain include:
- Platelet rich plasma injections that can reduce inflammation and promote healing
- Physical therapy that incorporates individualized exercise plans to strengthen your knee and the surrounding muscles
- Weight reduction plan, if you need to drop some pounds to give your knees a break
At ReBalance, we work with you to create a treatment plan to relieve your pain with as little downtime as possible. Our specialists work to relieve your pain, address the cause of your pain and help you prevent future problems with your knee.