Hyperhidrosis, Excessive Sweating Treatment in NYC
Hyperhidrosis DIagnosis and Treatment in New York City
Uncontrolled, excessive sweating is a curse for the nine million Americans who suffer from hyperhidrosis. If you experience unusually excessive sweating, you can get medical hyperhidrosis treatment now!
- Hyperhidrosis can get in the way of your active lifestyle. Are you reluctant to join in? Never be embarrassed again.
- Unexplained night sweats disrupt your sleep. Do you experience mood swings, disorientation or difficulty concentrating from lack of sleep? Find effective excessive sweating treatment today!
- Hyperhidrosis can cause your palms to sweat. Do you have clammy hands that stop you from initiating intimate contact? You can get help from a medical specialist.
Don’t Suffer Silently; Get Hyperhidrosis Treated!
Hyperhidrosis, characterized by excessive sweating, is a medical condition that often goes unreported. If you suffer from this condition, chances are you’ve learned to live with it instead of having it treated as the medical condition it is. Because people don’t report it, excessive sweating is called a silent handicap. But treatment for hyperhidrosis is available.
Hyperhidrosis is a dermatological skin condition. The first step to hyperhidrosis treatment is having your condition diagnosed. Contact your Hyperhidrosis doctor in New York City who knows what to look for. Advanced hyperhidrosis treatment may offer a simple solution so that you no longer have to worry about sweating too much.
Do You Sweat So Much It’s Embarrassing?
Excessive sweating usually affects a specific area on your body, a condition called essential or primary focal hyperhidrosis.
Extreme sweating commonly occurs in your:
- Known as axillary hyperhidrosis, this condition can cause embarrassing underarm stains and body odor.
- Palms and soles. Palmoplantar hyperhidrosis leads to sweaty palms and feet, making you reluctant to interact with others.
- Face and chest. This condition, called gustatory hyperhidrosis, can create socially awkward situations while being very uncomfortable at the same time.
If you suffer from uncontrolled sweating in more than one area of your body, you have secondary hyperhidrosis, which is less common. When you schedule a consultation with your NYC dermatologist, bring in a list of symptoms and your history with excessive sweating.
Excessive Sweating Isn’t Your Fault
Hyperhidrosis is often the result of something else. Part of your treatment for excessive sweating is addressing the underlying condition. Sometimes, though, unusual sweating has no connecting cause, so your Manhattan dermatologist may perform diagnostic tests — blood, urine or sweat tests — to determine the cause. Common causes include:
- Genetic predisposition. If your family has a history of excessive sweating or you’ve experienced it since your birth, it may be genetic. You can still control the symptoms.
- A bad infection can cause you to sweat more, and irritated skin caused by sweating is more prone to infection. An antibiotic treatment can clear up both conditions.
- The symptomatic hot flashes can trigger your sweat glands to overreact. Treating your menopause symptoms usually relieves hyperhidrosis.
- Blood sugar issues. Low glucose levels can trigger heavy sweating. Treating it can stop hyperhidrosis symptoms.
- The thyroid gland regulates your body’s metabolism. A dysfunctional thyroid can cause your metabolism to speed up, initiating the sweating. Treat your thyroid gland to treat your sweating.
- Withdrawal from drugs such as alcohol or opioids can cause temporary hyperhidrosis. As your body acclimates to being clean, excessive sweating should stop.
- Stress and anxiety. High-stress situations and emotional anxiety cause your body to react in a fight-or-flight pattern, even though it’s not a life-or-death situation. Calming techniques or lifestyle changes may curb your sweating.
Cutting-Edge Hyperhidrosis Treatments Now Available in Manhattan
The solution to your sweating problem often involves treating the underlying condition that’s causing it. But when no cause can be determined, treatment for hyperhidrosis turns to controlling the symptoms.
Treatment options for Hyperhidrosis include:
- Prescription antiperspirant. A more powerful antiperspirant containing aluminum chloride can stop or reduce your sweating, especially at night. Regular use can irritate your skin, but hydrocortisone cream, if used occasionally, remedies that side effect.
- Botulinum toxin injections. Botox is the most popular injection treatment, shown to block or freeze the sweat-producing nerves for up to 12 months. The injections may be uncomfortable, though, and muscle weakness may result as a temporary side effect.
- Topical creams. Your Manhattan dermatologist may prescribe a cream, especially if your sweating is localized on your face and chest.
- This alternative hyperhidrosis treatment involves running a low-level electrical current to your body while you’re submerged in water.
- Certain medications. Your NYC dermatologist may prescribe oral anticholinergic medications to inhibit your sweat production. Side effects may include blurry vision, bladder control issues and dry mouth.
- This medicine not only reduces your sweating, but also treats the emotional side effects of the condition.
- Microwave therapy. This non-invasive procedure uses microwave energy to eliminate your sweat glands. You need two sessions, 20-to-30 minutes long. This new treatment may be more expensive than other options.
- If no other treatments work, your excessive sweating treatment doctor may decide to surgically remove your sweat glands or the nerves that control them, a procedure called sympathotomy. But surgery is rarely needed.
Do you have questions about the treatment for Hyperhidrosis? To receive more information and to learn if you are a candidate for a Hyperhidrosis, Excessive Sweating Treatment, please contact ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetic & Wellness. If you would like to schedule an appointment with the top excessive sweating treatment doctor in Midtown NYC, Dr. Natalya Fazylova, please contact our office.
ReBalance of Radiance Aesthetics & Wellness
Aesthetic, Integrative Health & Functional Medicine Specialist
635 Madison Ave #1400
New York, NY 10022