Hair Restoration in Midtown NYC
If you suffer from male pattern baldness, you’re not alone. While some men simply accept the loss of hair, that’s not always an option for men in the arts, the boardroom, sales or politics. Regardless of your reasons, if you’re experiencing hair loss in New York City, you can do something about it. Visit ReBalance aesthetic center for a thorough examination and effective treatment options that fit your life and your lifestyle.
- Hair loss can be devastating for men accustomed to a full head of hair. Although usually age-related, hair loss can happen to younger men as well. To avoid looking prematurely old, contact your New York City specialist to review your options. You don’t have to go bald!
- Did you know that certain diseases and other medical conditions can cause or exacerbate hair loss in men? Having those conditions treated can stop — or in some cases reverse — the effects that these ailments cause. Find out if your hair loss is due to an underlying medical condition. Call ReBalance in NYC for an exam.
- Your hair follicles sometimes respond to environmental factors and hygienic practices. Spending time in a toxic environment can negatively affect the health of your head and scalp, leading to hair loss. If you don’t take care of your hair or if you wash it with chemical-laden shampoos, you may experience the same result. Get advice to save your hair!
Dealing with Thinning Hair?
Male pattern baldness is hair loss that typically starts with a receding hairline. This is followed by thinning hair on the crown and temples. As many as half of all men over the age of 50 are affected by male pattern baldness, while many younger men struggle with this problem as well. Before you try over-the-counter products, consult with a medical specialist.
If you’re one of the many men experiencing hair loss, you may be looking for a way to replenish your lost hair. The good news is there are several treatment options that can help with this problem. If you’re among the men losing their hair, be aware of the health issues involved with this condition.
Dangers and Consequences of Male Pattern Baldness
Losing your hair may make you feel less confident, particularly if you start to lose your hair at a young age. You may feel like you look a lot older than you are, which can have an impact not just on your self-esteem, but also on social and career advancement.
There are other, more serious consequences to consider, including:
- Bald men who leave their heads unprotected are more susceptible to skin conditions, including skin cancer. Just as you protect your face and arms from too much sun exposure, do the same for the top of your head.
- Recent studies show that some men who have early male pattern baldness have a higher risk of developing an aggressive form of prostate cancer. This is true for men who have a receding hairline and moderate crown balding. Scientists are researching this connection.
What Causes Hair Loss?
Male pattern baldness is often caused by genetics. If several of your relatives are balding, you probably will experience hair loss too. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to change your genetics.
There are also several health conditions and other factors that may also cause hair loss, such as:
- Fungal conditions of the scalp
- Nutritional disorders or deficiencies
- Thyroid conditions
- Anabolic steroids
- Some forms of cancer
- Weight loss
- Environmental factors
Treatment Options for Hair Loss
When some men start losing their hair, they try covering it up with hats or different hairstyles. Others choose to shave what’s left of their hair and embrace their baldness. If you’re bothered by your hair loss, there are treatment options.
With the right treatment, you may be able to slow your hair loss or even reverse it. If you have an underlying disease causing your hair loss, treating the disease may help to stop your hair loss. Medication choices to treat hair loss include:
It only takes about 20 to 30 minutes in our New York City office for your body to absorb 100 percent of the nutrients it lacks. Your cells literally soak the nutrients up like a sponge. You won’t believe how fast you feel the difference. Imagine walking out of the office energized and renewed like you haven’t felt in years!
- Rogaine, which is an over-the-counter medication applied directly to the scalp. It takes several months to start the regrowth process, and you have to continue using the product to keep seeing the benefits.
- Propecia, which is a prescription drug in pill form. Take it daily to stimulate new hair growth and slow down the process of balding.
Both medications may offer some improvement, although not all men find that these medications actually help. Another drawback is that you have to continue to use them indefinitely or they stop working.
Hair transplant, also known as hair restoration surgery, makes the most of the hair you still have. Adding natural hair by transplanting hair follicles, also called follicular units, can help your head of hair look much fuller and more natural. Best of all, no one can tell you’ve had the procedure. Types of hair transplants includes:
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation). Each follicular unit is transplanted from your scalp in a random fashion without removing a strip of tissue. This technique has been used since the 1990s.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction). This procedure is done by having a small strip of tissue removed from the back of your head so that hair follicles can be extracted from it. This is a new technique that promises no visible scarring.
Schedule a consultation at Rebalance in NYC today to determine which method of hair restoration is right for you.