Elbow Pain Treatment in Midtown Manhattan
Imagine not being able to do what you love — whether it’s playing guitar or playing golf — because of an elbow repetitive strain injury. Your elbow always seemed sturdy enough, but once you injure it, you’re surprised at all the things you can’t do.
- If your elbow feels tender when you bend it, you naturally limit its movement. Get back to your life, your passions and your pastimes by seeking general or tennis elbow treatment. A ReBalance doctor versed in joint pain solutions provides effective elbow pain treatment options.
- Suffering from a decreased range of motion in your elbow? If you can’t fully extend your elbows, you’re limiting your activities. To not only reduce your pain, but also teach you exercises to strengthen your elbow, learn what options for treatment you have.
- Does your elbow hurt every time you swing your racket or club? You may have golf elbow or tennis elbow, an elbow repetitive strain injury. Rest helps, but visit a pain specialist in NYC to help you get back into the swing of things.
Who Needs Elbow Treatment? Everyone!
An elbow injury can come from repeating the same motion over and over for a long period of time. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a musician, an athlete or a performing artist. Elbow repetitive strain injury — and the pain that comes with it — prevents you from completing all kinds of daily tasks, from brushing your teeth to eating.
Although your elbow doesn’t offer as large a range of motion as your shoulder, it helps you control your forearm, wrist and hand. Without full and unfettered use of your arms, you often can’t work or play for any length of time.
Knowing the Signs
You’ll feel the symptoms of an elbow injury pretty quickly — it hurts to do your routine activities, practice your musical instrument or play your chosen sport. Depending on whether it’s a sudden sports injury or an elbow repetitive strain injury, your pain can vary from an occasional twinge to a constant severe ache. Other symptoms you may experience include:
- Redness around your elbow
- Swelling and tenderness in your elbow
- A decreased range of motion
- Elbow weakness that wasn’t there before
The sooner you see a specialist who can diagnose and provide appropriate care, such as tennis elbow treatment, the sooner you can get back to the things you enjoy. Whether it’s strumming your guitar, tossing a football or playing a set, don’t let elbow pain stop you.
It’s Not All in the Wrist
Your elbow joint is where your humerus, or your upper arm bone, meets your radius and ulna, the forearm bones. Medial epicondylitis or golf elbow affects the inner part of your elbow. Lateral epicondylitis, known as tennis elbow, affects the outer part of your elbow. Both types of elbow repetitive strain injury occur because of the way you position your arm, along with the impact of hitting the ball.
Although it’s more common among tennis players, golfers and musicians, elbow injuries can happen to anyone who regularly performs tasks like cleaning or sweeping. Some common causes of elbow pain include:
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golf elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Strains and sprains
Step One: Diagnosis
Before tennis elbow treatment, your doctor has to know that you have tennis elbow. A functional movement screening can reveal your limited range of movement. A total body assessment can determine if your issue is systemic or localized.
At ReBalance, we apply an integrative medicine approach. Many factors influence which treatment is best for you, including the type of strain, injury or disease you have. Your doctor also needs to know how long it’s been going on and what part of your elbow is affected.
Options, Options, Options
Treatment options range from medication and physical therapy to surgery, which is rare. Some of the leading-edge treatments include:
- Platelet rich plasma injections
- Interstitial laser therapy
- Shockwave regenerative therapy
- Stem cell therapy
- Sports medicine
- Regenerative joint medicine
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late
Tennis elbow treatment, golf elbow treatment and other remedies are available at ReBalance. We offer a state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment center with personalized therapy for you.
Don’t wait to get help with your elbow pain. Protect your health and treat your pain so you can continue to play. Avoid future elbow problems by practicing a few good habits like:
- Warm up before you play
- Wear appropriate protective gear
- Train properly and regularly
- Cool down after your activity