Chronic Knee Pain Treatment NYC
Your knees take a beating if you play sports or dance on the stage. Those activities are physically demanding, and they can lead to stiffness, pain, inflammation and injury — each serious enough to knock you out of the game or off the stage. When your pain is chronic, you’ve been living with it for months. It’s time to get your knee examined and treated so you can get back to life.
- Chronic knee pain may just be due to a pulled muscle, but there are many other, more serious injuries and ailments that require medical attention. Don’t assume your knee pain is something that will clear up on its own. Find out what’s causing your pain!
- Are you limping yet? You will be if you don’t get treatment for your knee pain. You’ll find a wide range of non-surgical options at ReBalance NYC pain therapy clinic. You don’t have to go under the knife to get back to your game. Discover the many treatment choices ahead of you.
- If you can’t even straighten your knee, you know you need to get it looked at. The longer you wait, the worse it will get, and the greater the risk of further injury. Don’t put it off any longer! Have your knee pain identified and treated by a compassionate doctor at ReBalance.
Chronic Pain Demands Attention
When you suffer from chronic knee pain, if can be debilitating in your daily life. If you don’t get your knee treated, you may end up having to hobble along with a cane or worse: be confined to a wheelchair. Realistically, those outcomes become a very real possibility without proper care.
Your knees bear the brunt of your weight and allow you to execute those amazing moves in your sport or in your dancing. Plus, your knees make it possible for you to walk, jog, crouch, sit, run, climb and so much more. So when chronic knee pain stops you from doing even normal tasks, it’s agonizing, frustrating and humiliating.
Possible Causes of Knee Pain
Many factors can make you more prone to chronic pain in your knee, such as:
- Overuse. If you lead an active lifestyle, you’re more likely to develop knee pain than if you lead a more sedentary lifestyle. You put more strain on the structure of your knee.
- Injury. Any ligament, tendon or cartilage tear in your knee — whether from a sports injury or an awkward movement — causes chronic knee pain until treated.
- Arthritis. A degenerative condition, arthritis in your knee occurs when the cartilage in your knee begin to deteriorate, letting your bones grind against each other.
- Bursitis. When fluids build up in your knee from crouching for long periods of time, it causes severe pain and swelling.
- Hemarthrosis. Caused by serious injury, this condition results in bleeding into your joint. It’s identified by swelling, bruising and warmth. It’s a dangerous condition.
- Gout. No longer common, gout occurs when uric acid builds up in your body, forming crystals inside your joints. Affected areas become inflamed and painful.
If you suffer from any of these ailments, we have the technology and resources at ReBalance to get you up and moving again. Your treatment depends on what’s causing your pain, so diagnosis is always the first step.
Chronic Knee Pain Treatment
Our pain specialists were among the first in the country to offer platelet rich plasma injections for knee pain. That’s an example of using the latest techniques to ensure your health without resorting to surgery. The range of treatments available include:
- Integrative medicine
- Sports medicine
- Physical therapy
- Stem cell therapy
- Regenerative joint medicine
- Shockwave treatments
- Regenerative laser treatment
At ReBalance in New York City, we offer a unique and individualized treatment plan to manage your chronic knee pain. We use the most effective treatment options to ensure that you get the best outcomes.
Prevention Is the Best Treatment
You can prevent some causes of chronic knee pain by:
- Wearing running shoes that offer support and are comfortable
- Changing out your shoes frequently
- Wearing inserts to add cushion and support to your knees
Chronic knee pain often feels worse from overuse, so warm up before your workout. Being overweight also puts unnecessary strain on your knees. So, weight loss is another good way to prevent and sometimes eliminate chronic knee pain.