Chronic Hip Pain Treatment Midtown NYC
If you’re avoiding moving around too much due to the pain in your hip, then it’s about time you found a remedy. If the chronic pain in your hip is so bad — and you’ve had it for so long — that you’ve begun to limp, get help because it’s only going to get worse without treatment. At ReBalance in New York City, you can get appropriate treatment to ease your chronic hip pain and begin the healing process.
- Maybe you’re wondering if your hip pain can only be fixed with surgery. Most chronic hip pain conditions can be satisfactorily addressed through revolutionary new procedures. Check out the latest in hip pain treatments!
- When you lose flexibility in your hip, it’s more difficult to get around. You definitely can’t play sports or dance anymore. It’s uncomfortable no matter how you sit or lie. You need treatment that looks at your whole body and your lifestyle. You need a program like ReBalance 360.
- Chronic pain in your hip has been with you for at least three months. The pain’s isn’t going away on its own. Give it a helping hand, and at the same time, take back the active lifestyle you used to lead. Contact ReBalance for a pain management consultation!
Debilitating Hip Pain
Chronic hip pain like yours is actually fairly common in men as they age. You may have had a rough-and-tumble past, or maybe you’ve been a desk jockey for many years. Both types of lifestyles can cause wear and tear in your hip joints.
Your hip, where your thigh bone meets your pelvis, is the largest ball-and-socket joint in your body. It’s a heavy-duty joint that can withstand plenty of wear and tear, but it’s not invincible. The built-in protection within the joint eventually wears down from frequent use.
Symptoms That Point to Hip Problems
You experience hip pain in a number of different ways. Your symptoms depend on the source of your pain. Symptoms include:
- Loss of hip motion
- Pain that’s mild to severe
Symptoms of chronic hip pain can manifest within your hip joints or nearby — as pain in your buttocks, groin or thigh. While strenuous physical activity can intensify your discomfort, sitting still for long periods of time can do the same thing. You may be at higher risk of hip pain if you habitually slouch or if one leg is longer than the other.
Causes of Ongoing Hip Pain
Chronic pain in your hips can have many causes: the bones, tendons, cartilage, nerves muscles and ligaments all have to work together perfectly to provide a full range of painless motion. Aging, injury or medical conditions may be to blame, and most are correctible. Some of the most common causes of chronic hip pain include:
- Arthritis. Hip arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of your hip joint. There are many different types of arthritis — including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis — and all of them can lead to hip pain.
- Bursitis. This condition happens when the small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion your bones and tendons become inflamed. Bursitis can lead to disabling joint pain or a sudden inability to move the joint.
- Sprains and strains. These are often caused by sports injuries. They usually heal with rest, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory medications.
- Breaks and fractures. Bones naturally become weaker and more brittle with age. You may be at higher risk of breaking your hip during a fall.
Conservative Hip Pain Treatments
Hip pain is traditionally treated with corticosteroid injections and physical therapy. Surgery is a last resort. At ReBalance, we always try non-invasive options before considering more invasive procedures like surgery. Your treatment depends on the cause of your pain.
Many of the causes of hip pain are not reversible, so painkillers, either over-the-counter or prescription-strength, may be needed to control the pain. Physical therapy helps relieve symptoms of hip pain by improving the health of the joints, bones and surrounding muscle. Ultimately, conventional medicine has its limitations.
Newest Approaches for Treating Chronic Hip Pain
At Rebalance here in NYC, we provide a wide range of pain management and rehabilitative services. Some of the newest procedures we offer come from the latest proven medical research. New techniques include:
- Analysis of your body composition
- Interstitial laser therapy
- Shockwave therapy
- Platelet rich plasma injections
We offer an individualized approach to hip pain relief. Only by addressing your pain and dealing with its cause can you ever hope to return to an active lifestyle. Early detection gives you your best chance at a full recovery, so come in to ReBalance for a consultation.