Chelation Detox IV Drips
- Do you feel lethargic for no apparent reason? Have you been following your nutritionist’s advice and eating a healthy diet, but still feel run down? You may have an overload of certain minerals and metals in your body that are causing these symptoms. A chelation detox at ReBalance can balance those compounds.
- Do you feel as if you may have been exposed to an inordinate amount of heavy metals through your workplace? Do you live near the source of toxins that are polluting the environment around your home? Call your doctor at ReBalance for a full evaluation.
- Have you noticed a funny, metallic taste in your mouth? Do you ever get headaches or have difficulty speaking? If you experience these and other symptoms — or if you see a dark line running on your gums, you may need chelation therapy to rid your body of harmful toxins that can lead to serious health consequences. Call now to begin the process.
Remove Heavy Metals from Your Body
Heavy metal poisoning occurs when a toxic accumulation of certain metals occurs in your blood and in the soft tissues of your body. While your body needs some minerals, in high doses, metals that are at least five times the density of water can be toxic. These include:
Causes and Symptoms of Heavy Metal Poisoning
Your body can absorb heavy metals from food or water, through the air or through your skin. Lead-based pottery, paint or certain herbal remedies can be sources of heavy metal accumulation. Accidental poisoning, industrial or pharmaceutical manufacturing, agriculture and even too many blood transfusions can all contribute to the need for chelation detox.
Symptoms of heavy metal poisoning can include:
- Stomach pain
- Metallic taste in your mouth
- Blue-black lines running along your gum tissue
- Impairment of cognitive function
- Poor coordination
- Garbled or incoherent speech
Diagnosis and Treatment with Chelation Detox
Your ReBalance doctor excels in diagnosing and treating heavy metal poisoning. Using blood and urine tests, x-rays, and tissue and hair analysis — along with a thorough medical and lifestyle history, your physician determines the components that are causing your symptoms. You can’t get treatment until you have a diagnosis.
You should begin treatment as soon as possible if your doctor suspects heavy metal poisoning. Treatment alleviates the present symptoms and keeps more severe reactions — such as hair loss, numbness, burning sensations in the skin and even death — from occurring. Long-term damage to your nervous system and digestive tract is also a very real concern.
The Chelation Detox
Different types of medicines are used during chelation detox, depending on your exposure and needs. Trust your ReBalance physician to know best which drugs you need. Your treatment may include ethylene diamine tetra-acetic acid, calcium disodium edetate, penicillamine and dimercarprol. These agents bind to the unwanted metals, forming a complex that is then excreted from your body through your urine.
Since the compound is filtered through your kidneys, the process may be uncomfortable. In severe cases, you may require hospitalization. If your body has been seriously poisoned, you may need a surgical procedure that uses activated charcoal to wash out your stomach.
Side Effects of Chelation Therapy
While safer than continued heavy metal poisoning, chelation detox can produce side effects of varying degrees, such as:
- A burning sensation at the site of the intravenous (IV) injection
Rarely, chelation therapy can also cause other conditions:
- Abnormally low blood-calcium levels called hypocalcemia
- Sudden drops in blood pressure
- Permanent kidney damage
- Bone marrow depression
- Death, in extreme cases
Off-Label Uses for Chelation Detox
Theories abound about whether chelation therapy can help ease other chronic conditions. Because the medications bind to metals, it’s believed that other conditions, possibly caused or exacerbated by metals in your body, may be relieved by chelation detox. Some of these conditions include:
- Heart disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Although the scientific proof isn’t readily available, some patients report some relief of symptoms associated with these conditions after undergoing chelation detox. Chelation therapy isn’t a short-term, fix, however. Some therapy regimens require two years or more of regular chelation treatments.