Back pain is one of the most common injuries men experience. Back pain can strike anyone, whether you’re an athlete or live a sedentary lifestyle. It doesn’t take much to injure your back, either. A slight bend in the wrong direction, lifting something improperly or simply growing older can lead to back pain. You don’t have to live with it though.
- Do you feel a dull ache between your shoulder blades? Do you have a radiating pain from your neck down your arm? Is your lower back sore all the time? Back pain can appear in many forms. Identify the pain in your back so you can have it treated.
- If you’re stressed out for a long period of time, your back may bear the brunt of that tension. Back pain can become chronic if you don’t have it treated. So, whether you feel a twinge, tightness or stabbing pain, find out how to treat it.
Do you have to stretch every morning just to get through the day? Does your back tighten up if you stand or sit at a desk for too long? Learn how to relieve lower back pain at ReBalance in New York City. Get out of pain today for all your tomorrows.
Types of Back Pain
When you want to know how to relieve back pain, contact ReBalance first. We review your symptoms, reach a diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. Your pain may have various causes — stress, an injury or a medical condition are the most common culprits. Other types of back pain include:
- Upper back pain. Upper back pain is often due to bad long-term habits like poor posture. You can get pain in upper back areas by using poor lifting techniques or having an accident. Pain in upper back areas can be reduced or eliminated with proper treatment.
- Middle back pain. Middle back pain occurs in the thoracic spine area from the T1 to T12 vertebrae. Contributors to middle back pain are obesity, muscle sprains/strains, herniated discs, osteoarthritis, fractures and aging.
- Lower back pain. If you’ve wondered how to get rid of lower back pain, the answer depends on the cause. Some causes are a lumbar herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, facet joint dysfunction and weakened abdominal muscles. Lower back pain treatment is possible at ReBalance.
- Lower right back pain. Lower right back pain is particularly serious because it can indicate kidney issues. If you have an infection in your right kidney, it manifests itself through fever, inflammation or tenderness in the area.
- Pinched nerve. When the bone or soft tissue around a nerve in your spine pinches it, the contact causes pain either directly at the pinched nerve site or in another area of your body that’s affected by that nerve.
- Sciatica. Sciatica is pain that travels along your sciatic nerve running down one of your legs. While the pain may be become chronic if not treated, sciatica relief is available. In the meantime, you can help yourself by:
- Applying heat and ice to the area
- Walking for up to 30 minutes four times a week
- Improving your posture, which does help provide sciatica relief
- Sacroiliitis. Sacroiliitis is an inflammation in one or both of your sacroiliac joints. This pain requires treatment.
How to Relieve Back Pain
There are many types of back pain treatment. Which one you need depends on your specific injury or ailment. Chronic back pain relief is now available through the latest medical science and technology. At ReBalance, we have comprehensive rehabilitation plans to give you the back pain relief you’ve been searching for.
For lower back pain relief, middle back pain relief or upper back pain relief, try the following natural treatments:
- Exercise. Stretching, light lifting and aerobic exercises all produce healthy results.
- Alternating temperatures. Apply ice to reduce swelling and heat to promote healing.
- Reduce your stress. Try relaxation techniques to lower your stress.
- Massage therapy. Massage relaxes your muscles and your mind.
- Chiropractic treatments. Chiropractic manipulation is an effective upper and lower back pain treatment.
- Trigger point dry needling. Dry needling is a natural way to provide upper back pain relief, at least temporarily.
- Platelet rich plasma injections. Platelet rich plasma comes from your own blood. Injected at the site of pain, it is remarkably effective.
Stem cell therapy. Using stem cells taken from your body, this procedure puts their healing power right where you hurt.